Leaderboard
Create your own Friend Test here
ALL About Me!


+Daphne Phua

+11 Jan 1989

+Singaporean

+Nanyang Poly (SBM)

Likes:

-Reading-

-Dancing-

-Shopping-

Contact:

-dply_unicorn@hotmail.com-

-daphplyrandomness@yahoo.com-

Links to check out
Ricki-lee Forum
Myspace
Friendster
Hotmail
Idolforums

My chums
My Happy Brother's new blog
Lady Ruby (extinct)
Babe Nadia
Babe Lina
Allison
ShiHui
Puiman
Vivien
HuiQi
My Baby Liyi
Denise
Florence
Germaine
Yanyan
Rabiah1
Nicholas
Kenneth
Zelia
Treasa
Ervinna Peanut
Amin
Bao
Dorin

Music Overprotected - Britney Spears Archives
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
February 2009
April 2009

Tagboard

Thanks
blogger
blogskins
layout

Tuesday, February 20, 2007
?
-
Lunar new year expedition

CNY 2007 was filled with intensive boredom and unsatisfaction. Once again this was the period to display my incorrigible habit of not socializing among my relatives.I would rather sit at some inconspicuous corner with my brother, enduring his snide remarks about my life and studies, than talk to my uncles, aunties and cousins.

Sitting around them was quite a nightmare for me. I was surrounded by people who share the same blood as me, yet I only see them once a year. The bonding was definitely not there. My mom was not helping either. She was talking at the top of her lungs, unaware of the bored look on my relatives' faces and an incredulous one on mine. During my stay at my relatives' house, I caught snippets of really insightful comments (*note the sarcasm) about their life, work and children's studies. I felt myself shrinking as my aunties and uncles surveyed me with beady and some rather distasteful look. I spent almost an hour at a corner with my brother playing golf on his hand phone, taking alternate shots at the fairways.

Thank goodness for the red packets to salvage the situation. It was like being paid to be scrutinized at, and enduring all the conversations around me.

Moving away from my disastrous CNY visits, I am now preparing for my semestral exams, taking place 2 days later. The guilt in my heart is growing heavier as I am not fully prepared yet. It is lucky that my dance trainings are suspended at the moment, that leaves me more time to study. Unfortunately I'm not the kind who can sit at the table for 2 hours, poring over my book. Hence leading to endless hours on eBay, scouting for the best bargains.

Daph


Comments:
jie...why do i think u sound different when it comes to writing blogs and speaking to u in person? ^^"

^^;; i'm glad i didn't have to go on the rounds during CNY and had my bro to get the ang baos for me ^^;;

just remember to do up some budgeting for post-exams activities~ ^.~

 
Post a Comment